Saturday, May 5, 2018!
Time: 7:30 – 9:00am – Weigh-in and equipment check-in. 10:00am – Competition begins
Location: Ford’s Gym, 2114 Winnebago Street, Madison, WI 53704 phone: 608-249-4227, email: email@example.com, Meet Director – Ford Sheridan
Divisions: 1) Teenage male and female; 2) Master male and female (over 40); 3) Open male and female
Weight Classes: Male 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, SHW Female: 97, 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 198+ *Bodyweight must be at or below weight class entered.
Fee: Entry Fees Individual $40.00 for first event or division; additional $20.00 for each event or division. Fees are not refundable. Spectators tickets: Adults $5.00, Children under 12 $2.00
Entry: Entries must be postmarked by April 21, 2018. No late entries will be accepted!
Awards: 1st – 3rd place in each Open weight class.1st – 3rd place in the Teenage division as calculated by the Wilks formula. 1st – 3rd place in Masters divisions as calculated by the Wilks and age formulas. “Best Lifter” awards for Men’s and Women’s Open division as calculated by the Wilks formula.
Rules: Single-ply bench shirts and deadlift suits will be allowed. Lifters must wear a one-piece lifting suit or tight shorts. The press command will be used for the bench press. A mandatory rules meeting will be held at 9:30am to familiarize competitors with the rules.
Congratulations to everyone who complete in the 2017 Ford’s Gym Backyard Bench and Deadlift Competition on Saturday, May 6th.
Bench Best Lifters
- Women’s Open: Tessie Johnson (185lbs in the 181lb class)
- Women’s Masters: Carolynne Shurna (105lbs)
- Men’s Open: Andy Kaszubski (355lbs in the 165lb class)
- Men’s Masters: Gary Koch (325lbs)
- Men’s Teen: Ben Wagner (175 lbs)
Deadlift Best Lifters
- Women’s Open: Brittany Danda (345lbs in the 148lb class)
- Women’s Masters: Brande Browne (345lbs)
- Men’s Open: Russel Blaser (630lbs in the 220lb class)
- Men’s Masters: Stuart Coogan (405lbs)
- Men’s Teen: Immanuel Alwin (490lbs)
Full results are available here.
Photos are available on our Facebook Page.
Congratulations to all of those who lifted in the 2016 Ford’s Gym Backyard Bench and Deadlift Competition on Saturday, May 7th at Ford’s Gym.
We also need to extend a huge thank you to everyone who helped out with the meet through judging, spotting, loading, and running the meet, our gym members are great!
Photos of some of the deadlifts are available on our Facebook page.
Best lifters for the open divisions are
- Women’s Bench: Sonya Plavcan, 235lbs in 148lb weight class
- Men’s Bench: Andy Kazubski, 350lbs in the 165lb weight class
- Women’s Deadlift: Asher Masino, 210lbs in the 105lb weight class
- Men’s Deadlift: Omar Mireles, 515lbs in the 181lb weight class
Subscribe to our Facebook event page to stay up-to-date on events like this!
Thank you to everyone who came to lift at the 2015 Ford’s Gym Backyard Bench and Deadlift Competition. Also, a huge thanks to those who helped out judging, spotting, loading, and running the meet.
Congratulations to our best lifters
- Women’s Bench: Lynn Gilpin-Parks, 150lbs in 148lb weight class
- Men’s Bench: Jake Holbrook, 450lbs in the 242lb weight class
- Women’s Deadlift: Brande Browne, 325lbs in the 148lb weight class
- Men’s Deadlift: Kyle Pedersen, 620lbs in the 198lb weight class
All of the results are available here in a PDF document.
Pictures from the meet (sorry, didn’t get any from bench)